The secret to getting a solid 7 to 8 hours? About 90 minutes before you want to nod off, head for the kitchen and make yourself a sleepy-time snack. Keep it light (around 200 calories), so you don’t overload your digestive system. And include one or two foods from the list below. All help to relax tense muscles, quiet buzzing minds, and/or get calming, sleep-inducing hormones — serotonin and melatonin — flowing. Yawning yet?
1. Bananas — They’re practically a sleeping pill in a peel. In addition to a bit of soothing melatonin and serotonin, bananas contain magnesium, a muscle relaxant.
2. Chamomile tea — Chamomile is a staple of bedtime tea blends because of its mild sedating effect, which makes it the perfect natural antidote for restless minds and bodies.
3. Warm milk — It’s not a myth. Milk has some tryptophan, an amino acid that has a sedative-like effect, and calcium, which helps the brain use tryptophan. Plus, there’s the psychological throwback to infancy, when a warm bottle meant “relax, everything’s fine.”
Now you don’t have to always rely on Firefox to download media from Tumblr.
Mm, there are several ways but basically the easiest way to download media from Tumblr is via this extension.
Simply download and install to Chrome and click on the icon once it’s installed.
The icon should change from to once it detects a media on the site/tab you’re at.
The video file should appear like this:
Click on the ‘Download’ and wait for it to finish.
And now you have it downloaded.
The Beer Disguiser
It’s a fairly old trick but one worth noting if you’d rather sip a Budweiser than a 7-Up when you’re out at the beach or a public pool. Just carefully cut off the tops and bottoms of empty soda cans and slip them over your beer of choice.
Aloe Vera Ice Cubes
Always seem to forget the SPF when you need it most? Try freezing aloe vera gel in an ice tray so you can use cubes for instant sunburn relief. Just make sure to avoid any gels that contain alcohol as it will ultimately make your skin a lot drier.
Homemade Bubble Mix
Because none of us ever want summer to end, the season’s full of interesting DIY ideas that are actually worth trying. Hello Bee’s tutorial on homemade bubbles makes a special solution out of hot water, corn syrup and liquid dish soap, and uses bundled straws or pipe cleaners for wands.
Lightsaber Pool Noodles
This summer, bring the force to a backyard near you. These custom “Star Wars” lightsaber are made with average-length pool noodles and various rolls of tape (for design) and can be used by adult kids and little ones.
The Sand Chair
Simple and affordable, the Sand Chair requires broom sticks and fabric of your choosing. Just stitch a pattern onto your cloth or towel, insert your broom sticks and plug them in and secure. It doesn’t provide a lot of support off of the ground but it does give you a comfortable back rest!
Warm Bodies | Out June 4th
BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES:
- “Boy Meets, ER, Doesn’t Eat Girl” featurette
- “R&J” featurette
- “A Little Less Dead” featurette
- “Extreme Zombie Make-Over!” featurette
- “A Wreck in Progress” featurette
- “Bustin Caps” featurette
- “Beware of The Boneys” featurette
- “Whimsical Sweetness: Teresa Palmer’s Warm Bodies Home Movies” featurette
- “Zombie Acting Tips with Rob Corddry” featurette
- Audio Commentary with Director Jonathon Levine and Actors Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary with Screenwriter/Director Jonathan Levine
- “Shrug and Groan” Gag Reel
SPREAD THE DAMN WORD
THAT WAS COOL
My hands are too small to do this effectively.
I wish I wasn’t iPod
I still don’t get it… WHY DO THESE THINGS NEVER WORK FOR ME?